- RSS Channel Showcase 5671716
- RSS Channel Showcase 8599786
- RSS Channel Showcase 3337275
- RSS Channel Showcase 2717037
Articles on this Page
- 02/15/12--07:49: _Class of the Heads
- 03/08/12--01:45: _Rescue From Radio N...
- 04/29/12--04:52: _Saturday Night’s Al...
- 05/19/12--14:21: _A Little Fun
- 08/19/12--22:44: _Addicted to Mediocrity
- 11/04/13--07:51: _Don’t Be Screwin’ W...
- 01/26/14--23:09: _Stay Broadcast Team...
- 02/18/14--21:36: _710 Ways to Please ...
- 05/26/14--22:39: _So Many Sideshows
- 03/03/16--12:24: _Riding Off Into the...
- 09/06/17--10:51: _Bad Game, Good Company
- 05/14/18--10:22: _A Weekend at the Im...
- 02/15/12--07:49: Class of the Heads
- 03/08/12--01:45: Rescue From Radio Nowhere
- 04/29/12--04:52: Saturday Night’s Alright (For Duda)
- 05/19/12--14:21: A Little Fun
- 08/19/12--22:44: Addicted to Mediocrity
- 11/04/13--07:51: Don’t Be Screwin’ With Lewin
- 01/26/14--23:09: Stay Broadcast Team Stay
- 02/18/14--21:36: 710 Ways to Please Your Listeners
- 05/26/14--22:39: So Many Sideshows
- 03/03/16--12:24: Riding Off Into the Sunrise
- 09/06/17--10:51: Bad Game, Good Company
- 05/14/18--10:22: A Weekend at the Improv
The bobbles are coming! The bobbles are coming! And, no, that’s not a fielding forecast for Daniel Murphy playing second base.
The historical bobbleheads we’ve been asking for are really coming to Citi Field this season, marking the Mets’ 50th anniversary like it oughta be.
Tom Seaver: Pretty fair country pitcher, representing the 1960s (and eternity), [...]
Monday night I did something I’m certain I hadn’t done since the twilight of Fran Healy. I turned down the sound on a Mets-generated telecast so I could listen to the game on radio. GKR heresy, I know, but I gave Gary, Keith & Ron part of the exhibition season opener off so I could [...]
With his second-inning two-run homer and fifth-inning two-RBI base hit, Lucas Duda raised his Saturday totals for this season — covering four games, through Saturday night in Denver — to the following:
• .500 batting average • .500 on-base percentage • 1.429 slugging percentage • 1.929 OPS • 4 home runs • 8 runs batted in • 5 runs scored
In games played [...]
It’s not a lot of fun listening to Brandon Morrow and a bunch of Blue Jays you mostly know from fantasy teams throttle an undermanned Mets squad in another country. The final score was only 2-0, but given a punchless Mets lineup with too many dudes looking up at the Mendoza Line and David Wright [...]
“You again, my man! What can I do ya for?” “Cut the crap. You know what I need.” “I thought I setcha up last night.” “I need more. C’mon, c’mon…” “What’sa matter? Last night not enough?” “It wore off. I need more. C’mon…” “I dunno…” “Whaddaya mean you don’t know? Set me up!”
“I’m just playin’ with ya, bro. I knew you’d be [...]
The best radio promotion I ever heard for the Mets aired the morning after they won the 1986 World Series. It consisted of every station in New York dwelling long and lovingly on the championship achieved in Queens the night before. There was no all-sports radio then, so the conversation was wholly organic, of the [...]
In the “seventh inning” of Ken Burns’s Baseball — the installment titled “The Capital of Baseball” — the viewer learns that New York was the epicenter of the universe in the 1950s, at least until two-thirds of the Metropolitan Pastime’s contingent was about to be packed up and shipped west. It’s within that portion of [...]
WOR still hasn’t found a pregame host for Mets baseball, but that — in case the name doesn’t give it away — is only about what happens before the game starts. Before the game starts doesn’t count. Just like Spring Training. Just like all the talk that fires up the Hot Stove.
It doesn’t count that [...]
Some things that don’t matter:
* Ike Davis vs. Lucas Duda. Ike’s doing a lot better in Pittsburgh. That’s great. He was a mess in New York, capable of spending months looking unsure which end of the bat was up. Ike wasn’t going to get fixed here, so I wish him the best there. Duda came [...]
Terry Collins said the other day that “fun time” is over. I hate to disagree with the manager of the defending National League champions, but I’d say fun time is just getting started.
Collins was referring to the Yoenis Cespedes Off-Hours Charismatic Carnival, which, to be fair, was loads of fun. More fun than:
• a barrel [...]
Emily and I spent yesterday getting Joshua settled in at boarding school, which was emotionally fraught, as expected, and also a lot of work. That second part was less expected — there were meetings and receptions, and I wound up assembling shelves and bookcases in a third-floor room in 88-degree heat.
I hadn’t bargained on that, [...]
The plan was a good one: head down to Philadelphia for Saturday’s night game, for which friends had sweet tickets through a work event. I was excited to see Noah Syndergaard, our pals, the Mets, and to get another look at Citizens Bank Park, which back in the last years of Shea opened my eyes [...]